HP 1050A - Cartridge/Carriage Jam

Hello, last week I purchased a HP Deskjet 1050A all-in-one printer and having used it once it seems that the cartridge has become jammed in the right hand side.

I purchased it for University as paying to print individual pages was too annoying and wanted to stay in my room to print, so as you can imagine its really annoying this has happened.

What has happened is that the cartridge gets stuck in the far right of the carriage when the cartridges are up against the wall of the printer. What is most annoying is that it freely moves across the carriage when placed at an alternatively place along the carriage, it is only when it goes to that far side when it becomes stuck.

I have checked thoroughly for paper, cardboard, tape or any other thing that could force it to be stuck and there is nothing. I have attempted to switch it off several times which has also had no effect on the printers condition and am really unsure as to what to do now.

Has anybody come across this at all? and can anyone think of anything else it could be?

Ask a Question