HP all in one 8610 office pro / cartridges 950/951 / zoning

this is a letter I sent to HP support, I am waiting for an answer, thank you

HP support

Dear Madam/Sir

In November 2014, I purchased a HP all in one 8610 office pro printer/scaner/copier/fax in Buenos Aires Argentina from one of your authorized local dealers.

I also have a HP all in one office pro 8600 that I purchased in the USA, and remains there, so when I bought cartridges for the one in the USA, I would buy also for the one in Argentina, since they used the same size cartridges.

Today I had to replace some of the cartridges because of low ink, so I purchased again legitimate HP cartridges at an authorized local store in Buenos Aires.

Unfortunately, despite having paid for legitimate HP cartridges, my printer would not accept them because of INCOMPATIBILITY.

Further research online led me to :

https://support.hp.com/wps/portal/p...-UnA4Ap31Y_MKvTTTk3XL8gNDY0wyDLNdlRUBABm0F_K/
HP Printers - z10, z20, z30, z40 on HP 950 and 951 Ink Cartridges
This document is for HP Officejet Pro 251dw, 276dw, 8100, 8600, 8615, 8625, 8630, 8640, and 8660 printers.Effective January 2017, HP 950 and 951 ink cartridges have new markings on the packaging and cartridge label. The cartridges are marked with a Z10, Z20, Z30, or Z40.

The new cartridges are genuine HP products. They provide the same high quality prints as earlier cartridges. The new cartridges are regionalized, which means your printer only accepts cartridges intended for use in your area.
The new regionalized ink cartridges help protect you from HP ink cartridges sourced through non-official distribution channels, for which HP cannot control transportation and storage conditions. This helps ensure quality and decreases the chances of an ink cartridge being counterfeit. When you purchase replacement cartridges, continue to look for HP 950 and 951 cartridges. Cartridges you find in a local store should be correct for your area. If you do purchase a cartridge intended for another region, return it to the retailer.
Products that had been opened cannot be returned in Argentina, and Z10 zone products are not available in Argentina ! Catch 22 !!!

I then contacted HP both in the USA and in Argentina, to no avail, since my printer is no longer under warranty, they would give me NO INFORMATION regarding on how to solve this issue. They referred me to the Virtual Chat, that just kept going in circles without giving me a specific answer.

Somewhere online I read that it is “easily correctible” if HP cooperates to change something in the program of the printer, but it appears HP has to do it, not I.

As recommended in their website I downloaded HP smart to my iPhone and my MAC to no avail, since they are only compatible with Windows systems..

.WHEN I PURCHASED THIS PRINTER, THERE WAS NO WARNING ABOUT “ZONES” OF COMPATIBILITY, indeed all this started in January of 2017, without warning.

HP DID NOT SEND ME NOTIFICATION ABOUT THE “ZONING” EITHER.

Please help me, I have a perfectly fuctioning printer, that will only work with cartridges that are not sold where the printer was bought and where it has always been located.

Thank you very much for your ancipated cooperation.

GUILLERMO ELKOUSS

Ask a Question