HP C7280 ADF problems

Hi I am new to this forum and have heard that if any forum can help me, this is the one to be in. I have a HPC7280 all in one printer and am having problems with the upper paper feeder, ADF. If I try to send a fax or copy documents it keeps telling me to "reload document and then restart job". It sees the paper being loaded because it displays origional loaded on the screen and I get a confirmation tone. I have cleaned the rollers and the all the gears are ok. I have tried the resetting/restoring as per HP's support and still no paper gets fed into the ADF. The printer is only 2 years old with very minimal use. I havent changed paper thickness/quality- its always been the same.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony

Hi.
When you press the button,the papper roller have to move down to get paper in the adf or it is still up?

The big rollers are up. The plastic gears seem ok on they do turn on the ADF and on the printer side. If I roll the gears on the ADF one way the big rollers go into the down position. If I leave them in the down position and try to copy/fax again the rollers pop back up

The big rollers are up. The plastic gears seem ok and they do turn on the ADF and on the printer side. If I roll the gears on the ADF one way the big rollers go into the down position. If I leave them in the down position and try to copy/fax again the rollers pop back up

Sorry- had to change some spelling

Ask a Question