HP CP 2025 ghastly colours

Hi!

I wonder if the experts can assist me with this one please?

I bought two HP CP2025 colour laser printers cheap - the seller said they were taking up too much space, but when I finally got them setup I discovered that wasn't the only issue!

Both of them have the same problem, in as much the colours are really ghastly, they are strongly over-saturated with blues, greens and cyans and reds/oranges and yellows are a bit wishy-washy!

Is this a "toner dust on mirrors" problem that the HP 2600/2605 is known to suffer from? I'm more than happy with dismantling the printers with the Service Manual by the way as I'm a trained Electronics Repair Engineer!

The driver/software installation was from the original CD that was supplied with the machine, but using the lastest available PCL5/PCL6 drivers makes no difference.

I have tried using the Print Quality Test Pages on the HP troubleshooting Web Site and there seems to be a reasonable balance of toner for each page.

ANy suggestions/advice welcome please! Is there any hidden "Toner Density" adjustments on the printer that might have a bearing on this fault?

Chris Williams

PS!

The diagnostics show plenty of magenta, yellow and black toner and the cartridges are HP genuine.

Ask a Question