HP cp2025 phantom jam

First, Sorry for the long post.

I have a cp2025 that was occasionally not picking paper. I inspected the pick roller and it needed to be replaced, at only 24464 pages. I cleaned the existing roller and it worked w/out any issue for about a week while I waited on the roller to arrive. I replaced the pick roller per the HP directions found on HP's support site.

When I powered the printer back up it would no longer move media correctly. I can hear the pick roller trying to move paper 3-5 rotations and then it shows a jam tray 2 in the display (13.0000). Occasionally it will push a sheet through, usually when I just hit OK to clear jam and the engine cycles, but not enough to use the printer at all. Since it can move paper through the path I know there is not an obstruction. I decided that I would move on to another cp2025 that needed a pick roller, we have several, and come back to this one later.

The second cp2025 was working just like the first one and just need a new pick roller. I changed the roller using the procedure above and now I have two printers with the exact same issues.

I have tried new firmware, cold reset, swapping new and old rollers back and forth and nothing seems to work. I bypassed the rear door interlock so I could watch the process and noticed the registration or feed roller not turning during the print cycle. The feed/registration roller does turn during an engine cycle, such as when I depress/press the interlock.

I am at a loss, both printers were printing normally but just needed new pick roller but after following the above procedure both are now unusable. I tried to talk to tech support but they didn't seem to want to help being both printers are out of warranty. I have also been searching the web with no results.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Ask a Question