HP designjet 120 - all printheads failing, won't print anything.

Hello everybody

I have an old HP Designjet 120 printer which i use to make large promotional posters for our business. Up until last week the printer was working perfectly, then I noticed some colors were not quite right and saw the magenta ink was low so I ordered a new cartridge online.
When the cartridge arrived I replaced the old one but when I restarted the printer I got a flashing yellow warning light and also all the printhead icons were flashing too.
I decided to replace all the printheads with new ones as I didn't know how long it had been since they had been replaced. The new printheads arrived and after fitting them all I still got the same flashing yellow warning light and flashing printhead icons.
The manual says a flashing printhead icon is a printhead error and suggests cleaning the printhead and or replacing it. Well I have done that, replaced every one and cleaned them all even though they are brand new.

I tried using HP support chat but after choosing my printer model it won't recognize my printer serial number and there is no UK support telephone number.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it?

Ask a Question