HP K8600 - Spooling error related to printhead?

Hi guys. This is my first post. I hope there are more HP K8600 users here!

I was wondering if a printhead could actually cause spooling/print errors?

There is a very strange issue happening lately after I bought an B/Y HP 88 printhead. In certain pdf files, some pages (with figures and colors) always return a spooling error when I try to print them. Some of these pages start printing and stop at about 10%.

I've printed these same files over and over again, with several different printheads in three different HP K8600 printers and there was never an error of the kind. Now this error happens always with some specific pages of a few files.

At first I thought it could be a driver issue, so I reinstalled the printer driver and restarted the Print Spooler service, but still the same error. Then I tried it in another computer just to make sure, and there was also a spooler error when I attempted to print certain colorful pages.

My second thought was that it was an issue with the printer, so I changed the ink cartridges and the printheads to another HP K8600 printer that I have here, and again, the same error.

And the most strange thing is that if I try to bypass the print spooler, printing the file directly to the printer, I also cannot print it. Instead of a spooler error, Adobe Acrobat suddenly crashes.

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

Thanks a lot

Ask a Question