HP Officejet Pro 8000: Blinking Lights

The power light and all color cartridges lights are blinking. According to HP support such light pattern means that those "cartridges are faulty or need attention" and the solution is:
  • reinsert cartridge, or
  • replace the cartridge
Through out the years, whenever there was a cartridge issue I just had to override it (resume button or power+resume x3). Unfortunately, now is different (although there is no visible damage or other known reason). Even cleaning the gold contacts of the CISS chip made any difference.

Question
  • What might be causing such issue?
  • Any way to solve it without replacing the cartridges with new ones (extremely expensive)?

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Firmware
I've already executed HP Officejet Pro Firmware. The firmware was already the latest one, even so I required it to be updated.

Damaged/dirty component/sensor
I've already cleaned them with isopropil alkohol.

Bad cartridge
They were all installed in 2010. Never had any issue with them. Recently all 3 decided to fail simultaneously. However, there are no visual damage and the gold contacts were also cleaned with isopropil alkohol.
I've also executed HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows which shows:

black | yellow | magenta | cyan
:---: | :-----: | :-----: | :-----:
ready | failure | failure | failure

However, the sensors can precisely pinpoint whether the cartridge is missing or is a failure. For example, removing only the magenta would show:

black | yellow | magenta | cyan
:---: | :-----: | :-----: | :-----:
ready | failure | missing | failure

Cartridge compartment
I've already check that several times: cartridges compartment.

Bottom of the cartridges
I've already check that several times also: bottom view of cartridges.

Hard Reset*
I've already tried that with several different black cartridges and several different black/yellow printheads: cartridges and printheads.

(*) Fully power cycle the machine by shutting it down, take out the cartridges, unplug it from the power source, and pressing the power button 5-10 times, and then starting it back up.

Ask a Question