HP Photosmart 309g Failure

My C309g began having problems and sending error messages regarding ink problems. I ended up installing new print head after error message said the old one was damaged. I installed the new print head. The error messages went away for about 2 pages and 5 minutes. The new error message indicates a ink system failure and to turn printer off and on again. This doesn't help issue. The latest error message is 0xc19a0033

Hi Joe:
Sorry if you took my help effort the wrong way. Just trying to assist.
You may have received updated Firmware download from HP.
Firmware is part of your HP printer with no restore or reset software available.
Many manufacturers preclude utilization non-OEM cartridges with their firmware updates.
Hope you didnt install new print head needlessly. Good luck with it all

...and the beat goes on. I finally gave up on that C309g and found another. When I got it, it looked like it was well taken care of and the price was hard to beat. In any case, I had a spare now for parts. I used the new printer maybe 4 or 5 times printing a total of about 6 pages and 3 photos. Then it happened. I went to print a page and got a load paper message even though there was plenty of paper in the tray. It gives me the same message when I go to use the photo tray. It seems that the pickup rollers are not doing their job.

UPDATE I found people who had experienced this same problem and this led me to find a small gear that had slipped off its spline. Getting to it was a difficult task until another user suggested cutting an access hole int the bottom of the paper tray. Simple enough and got the job done. Only problem is the pickup rollers still don't want to scoop up the paper even though they are turning. I have cleaned them and even used some rejuvenating spray on the rollers. I beginning to think the roller mechanism doesn't put enough pressure onto the paper. It seems to be spring loaded. Anyone know how to contact HP for assistance?

Ask a Question