HP PhotoSmart D110a: Problem.

Hello everybody!

My printer, an HP PhotoSmart D110 All-In-One device, has not been working fully at all.
I remember trying to uninstall the software of an older HP PhotoSmart printer (C4500 Series) I had on my computer, many months ago, and ever since then, my D110a printer I've had for a little over a year has never worked the same. I cannot use it to print at all, unlike before. I also cannot scan or anything.

It is a wireless printer, yet, with wireless enabled, the computer does not detect that my printer is connected. When I plug the USB cable (computer to printer), the computer still does not detect the printer. I tried re-installing the software using the CD provided by HP, and it tells me to select my printer from a list of available devices, but there's not my printer there.
The only way to print something is to put an image on an SD card and put the card into the D110a and choose to print from there.

I'm using a latptop (no actual desktop at home) that runs Windows Vista 64-bit, if that helps.

Any tips on how to fix this? I can't talk to an HP representative online nor by phone (I might have to pay for phone support) because the printer is out of warranty :/

D110

It really sounds like a problem on your PC rather than the printer itself. I would start from scratch again and de-install all printer software, then re-install again.

As far as the wireless connection is concerned, I presume you did input the wireless network SSID and WEP or WPA passphrase into the printer during the installation?

However, it does seem strange that you cannot even connect via the USB, but then you do need the drivers loaded correctly on the PC to do this too.

Vista wasnt the best Operating System MS every brought out.

Anyway I know if it was me then I would start completely from scratch.

David

Ask a Question