HP Print Error Message

Hi All; I just signed up because I have encountered the following error message when I attempt to print from my Desktop PC. I have a Lenovo PC, Windows 10. I have been using an older HP printer (HP Deskjet 3510) that was beginning to develop some minor issues but still worked fine until suddenly I started getting this error message when I tried to print, "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e". This was when the print prompt defaulted to the Microsoft print function. If I right click on a photo and select print, it prints but gives me no options to resize or whatever. I just now bought a new HP Officejet 3830 and while it solves the other minor hiccups, the same error message appears and prevents it from printing, I posted to a Microsoft forum a few weeks ago but got no response. If anyone has any tips on how to get this straightened out I would love to hear them. Sorry for the long post.

So, after trying several things that were suggested by a direct email in response to this I was still getting nowhere. A little more online digging began to point to a recent round of updates was to blame and a full computer reset would take care of it. They were right. After half a day doing a reset and then reloading and reconfiguring everything the error message is gone and the program works as it used to.

Ask a Question