Indents using Canon ip4700

I use a Canon ip4700 and have recently noticed vertical indents when photo printing. I've counted 12 lines in pairs (like train tracks).

I've been in touch with the seller and with Canon support. Advised by the seller, there are two strips that sit behind the inks within the printer that I have cleaned with alcohol. Canon advised me to clean the rollers and deep cleaned as per the printer maintenance, which I have duly done. I've just done a quick test again and noticed that the lines appeared with 170gsm paper but not with a lighter paper weight.

Does this mean that I can only use lighter paper to print with this printer? This hasn't always been the case. Is there a simple adjustment I can make to the printer so it can take heavier paper?

This is my last effort before investing in a new one so any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question