Kyocera FS-1030D Power Supply Failure?

I went to turn on my FS-1030D Kyocera lazer printer the other day and nothing came on. I tried turning in on and off and there was no life in it at all. No lights come on and even the fan doesn't start.

When I wiggled the plug I could hear a slight crackle initially. The crackle seemed to be coming from the plug holes but I can't be sure. It only crackled when I wiggled the power plug where it plugs into the power supply at the back of the printer.

I am going to try to repair this myself. I've already pulled out the power supply which was relatively easy. I notice there is a small glass fuse near the power socket (on the power supply circuit board). It is a T 6.3AH 250 V Fuse.

I've taken it off the circuit board and tested it with a multimeter and it still seems to conduct fine. I'm not sure if it can still be blown (even if it conducts) but I would assume from that it is ok. Please tell me if I'm wrong on this as I'm not overly experienced in testing components.

None of the capacitors are bulging and there are no burn marks on the board. Everything looks new so I can't figure out what could be wrong. Maybe from what I've said above someone could give me some tips.

Here's a photo of the circuit board.

IMGP0049-1.JPG
pic.JPG

Given the rush of answers and in a bid to hold back the tide, I thought I would announce the problem has been fixed.

The problem was where the power plug plugs into the board. One of the three soldered legs had somehow become disconnected on the circuit board and no power was getting to the unit. It wasn't the fuse.

Maybe someone here will get some use from this.

Ask a Question