Lexmark MS811n Vinyl Label Printing Error 10.01

Mac

Our company recently purchased the Lexmark MS811n printer. When it prints about 5 pages in rapid succession we get an error of:

Frequent use of vinyl labels may
damage printer [10.01]
>Continue
Show me

The thing is we are not using vinyl labels. The paper is standard 8-1/2x11, 67 lb paper. It's more of an inconvenience than anything because it won't print until you click on the "continue" button.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

Mac

I wish I knew. The printer won't do anything until you hit the X button. I work at a new car dealership in the parts department and we do A LOT of printing.

I may have to contact Lexmark Support.

I've called Dell support and I should have called my dog instead. Maybe Lexmark has better support

Mac

Yea, and your dog would have been happy to talk to you too!

All the info I can find in my searches is how to clear the error. I was hoping to find a patch.

The last reply seems to be more practical but if that fails for you, I would look into replacing the logic or main board or the hard drive if there is one in this model.

I have to keep changing mine back to "plain Paper" firmware has been done in 2020. Old post old problem never been fixed. has anyone got a permanent solutions? I mange about 40 printers at a dealership and this is the only one that does it.

Ask a Question