Looking for advice/help on my senior design project

Hi,

I am working on my senior design project (I graduate in December in mechanical engineering) and am trying to come up with ideas to apply glue (I would like to use as many off-the-shelf products as possible). One idea that has come up is using an inkjet printhead for dispensing the glue. I have thought of a number of questions that I need help answering so that I can investigate this problem further (these are the questions I can’t seem to answer by searching online). These are some questions:

1. Does any one know where I can find basic material properties of inks in inkjets? I am looking for the average density, viscosity, etc. I been looking and can't seem to find anything.

2. I am toying with the idea of using glue (instead of ink) inside of an inkjet printhead. I can think of some potential problems but nothing that will keep me from looking into this some more. Any thoughts?

3. Has anyone used the Xaar 1001 printhead? (http://xaar.com/product_det.asp?id=5025&sec_id=2546). Any thoughts?

Anything addressing this topic is completely welcomed!!!!!!

And yes, I am also looking into some sprayers for the glue that are made for glue - if anyone has had good experience with something particular, please let me know!!!!!!

Thanks for the help:)
Melissa

Ask a Question