Major misalignment

Hi, all.

This is my first time here, so be kind.

I have an Epson R340. The black print head recently began experiencing a drastic decline in print quality. It LOOKS like a vertical alignment issue, but if it is, it's so bad the utility can't seem to fix it. When I run it, there's nothing to use. The little squares are ALL bands, maybe 30 or so horizontal lines. There's no solid square for there to be a band IN. I have run innumerable head cleanings, alignments, and replaced the cartridge, all to no avail. All other colors print famously; it's just the black. Additionally, when I run a nozzle check, instead of stair-stepping down left-to-right as it's supposed to do, the black will run GENERALLY down L-R, but there will be spaces in which the little lines jump back UP, before continuing down. I'm at my wits' (such as they are) end. HELP!! :confused:

Addendum: when I print a test page (Windows generic), it looks like HORIZONTAL misalignment; the letters all seem to line up vertically, but lots of banding. AAUGH!!

Ask a Question