Mf-3640 problem

Let me preface this with mentioning that I bought this printer new, about 5 years ago, as a backup for a Brother, which kept working until 2 months ago. So I just started using this Epson 2 months ago.

But every once in awhile, in the middle of a print job, it spits out 2 blank pages, then stops. I have to go and restart the printing, and end it where it quit.

Is this a software/firmware problem, or what?

I mean, the printer prints fine otherwise.

Most likely equipment issue, what type of paper are you using? Age of the paper, is the room where printer is used humid?

I don't know the brand. Copier paper. 20 lb. We're in Denver, so dry. We have to run a whole house humidifier all year, just to keep from static problems. Maybe 40% humidity. :)

Paper weight and operating conditions are within specification, you can try fanning the stack of papers prior to inserting in tray. If you've had to forcefully remove papers it could be a damaged feed roller, if it is viewable check to see if it is perhaps clogged, dirty, or does not move fluidly.

Ask a Question