MFC9970CDW send email problem

mga

I have filled in all required fields, ran the tests numerous times, scanned a jpeg and tried to email it. The machine goes thru the process and says it's sending, but I don't receive any email from the printer. What am i missing? Also, what should i use for the printer email address name?

mga

yes....checked and rechecked several times. However, I think i got it partially solved...I have it moving scanned documents to a folder on the desk top. I believe all i need to do is find the path to my email account and direct the documents there. But, it doe4sn't solve the problem of sending a document to another's email. I'm working on it......

Yeah without more information, this is probably the work around until you poke around more. You can always restore it to factory defaults and reconnect it to the network and try again if you feel daring. Alrternatively, scanning to desktop and then email from the desktop.

Ask a Question