Most reliable printer

Hello All,

I have been using Canon Pixma printers for the last several years, the last three being the iX6820 model. When they are working they are great, but at about the two year mark I get the dreaded 200B error, and none of the "cures" seems to work. At that point I have a good stock of cartridges, and simply buy another printer.

I'm looking for a printer that is more reliable, and would like to hear of your experience. I teach classical guitar making and print my business cards, instructional material etc. One nice thing about the Pixmas is that they will print 11 x 17, and that is helpful for guitar drawings.

Cheers,

Brian Burns

Hello again All,

My post has had 48 views, but no replies. That appears to me to indicate that printers are just another consumable, like ink.

Cheers,

Brian

Hello All,

I have been using Canon Pixma printers for the last several years, the last three being the iX6820 model. When they are working they are great, but at about the two year mark I get the dreaded 200B error, and none of the "cures" seems to work. At that point I have a good stock of cartridges, and simply buy another printer.

I'm looking for a printer that is more reliable, and would like to hear of your experience. I teach classical guitar making and print my business cards, instructional material etc. One nice thing about the Pixmas is that they will print 11 x 17, and that is helpful for guitar drawings.

Cheers,

Brian Burns

Hi Brian,

Follow these following steps

1- Switch on the printer.
2- Press and hold the Stop/reset button.
3- Press the button that you use to make a color copy and hold it down.
4- Wait 5 seconds.
5- The printer now reboots and sets itself up.
6- Does the printer indicate that the device needs to be calibrated?
7- You've reset your printer.

A high-performance printer with one of the fastest print speeds on the market and a
high-capacity feeder and hopper, Primacy 2 is the ideal solution for medium and large-volume printing.
Its high-resolution printing mode and color profile capabilities produce stunning results, close to actual
colors with a high-quality finish.

Easily create your own cards with an appropriate level of security from the simplest to the most secure cards, Primacy 2 can do it all. Customized graphics (colors, photos, personal data), encoding of magnetic stripes, contact or contactless chips, holograms, protective laminates, UV effect, etc. You can choose the level of security depending on your requirements.

D

Deleted member 14725

Hello All,

Cheers,

Brian Burns
Based on the views, doesn't seem this forum gets enough traffic so at times threads get slow attention.

I have one previous model, the IX6810, these things (same as yours and also the 7210) have recurring issues of "burnt" print head, and misalignment problems that can't be solved, Canon knows about this and you can find specific threads on the Canon Support forums, all you can do is consider is having them replacing your printer. It is HIGHLY recommended to avoid printing with low or no ink, AND using SLOW/QUIET setting (on the printer control panel) to reduce overheating of the nozzles.

Other than that, I remember reading on another forum about this same print head error on a diff Canon printer model, some people shared success stories buying a new print head, and the funny thing is... swapping TWO printheads having this error fixed it too, on both. You might want to try.

These Canon printer series are pretty nice, I still have mine, but honestly I wouldn't buy another one of the same model. Alternatives? consider some 11x17 Brother models, and if high resolution is not an issue, some OfficeJet, also 11x17.

Ask a Question