My Epson TMUSB64.INF driver is incompatible with Windows 11. Help!

My Epson TMUSB64.INF driver for my xp-860 printer/scanner is incompatible with Windows 11. Consequently, memory integrity cannot be enabled when this driver is loaded. I updated the driver from the Epson website so as far as I am aware I have the most recent driver installed. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hi.

If you have already updated your Epson TMUSB64.INF driver to the latest version available on the Epson website and it's still incompatible with Windows 11, you may need to contact Epson support for further assistance.
You could also try the following troubleshooting steps:
  1. Uninstall the current Epson driver and try reinstalling it using the Windows compatibility mode. To do this, right-click on the driver installer and select "Properties," then go to the "Compatibility" tab and select the option to run the driver in compatibility mode for Windows 10 or an earlier version.
  2. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer or scanner on the Epson website. Updating the firmware may help to resolve compatibility issues with Windows 11.
  3. Try using a different USB port on your computer or a different USB cable to connect your printer or scanner to your computer.
  4. Try installing the Epson driver in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, restart your computer and press F8 or Shift+F8 before Windows starts loading. Once in Safe Mode, try reinstalling the driver.
If none of these troubleshooting steps work, contacting Epson support would be the best option. They may be able to provide additional assistance or suggest alternative solutions.

Thanks for your advice

I have already updated your Epson TMUSB64.INF driver to the latest version available on the Epson website, which to be fair is quite old. It's still incompatible with Windows 11. The only support contact on the Epson website is via a chatbot which offer one solution no matter how I phrased my question. The only solution it offered was to downland and install the driver from the Epson website.

I would be grateful if you could point out a way to obtain support by a human

I managed to send an email to US Epson support and their response was: Please note: 'Resolve any driver incompatibility and scan again' is not an EPSON error. They didn't address the fact that this Windows 11 error message is caused by an Epson driver incompatibility

Ask a Question