Need help with buying an inkjet printer

Hi,

This will be my first printer.
I need help in selecting a printer with following specs:

- I want to use it primarily for photo printing so I need boarder-less color printing. Boarder-less printing is not so important for me as I can cut the edges manually.

- color resolution should be 4800 x 1200 dpi for printing with decent dpi for scanning also.

- Preferably top-loading because the photo-printing paper will be thick and it will cause problem if the printer is bottom
loading one.

- Ink cartridges should be large (some printers restrict to small cartridges and it will increase cost per page).

- Cartridges should be individual colors separately. I don't want to replace cartridge every time one color is exhausted.

- should have scanner or copier also (all in one type).

- Epson has released a new cartridge I guess for just Rs. 275/- per color, but I don't know how many ml of ink they are giving with it. Please suggest a printer which will allow me to take more photographs for reasonable price.

- I don't want to call the service person to replace the cartridges every time. So please suggest a model in which replacing old cartidges is not complicated.

- My budget is between Rs. 3500 and Rs. 8000.

Please kindly help.

Ask a Question