Network setup for Magicolor 4695MF

I've bought a Magicolor 4695MF and I've installed the software on both of my PCs, which are networked via ethernet cables through a BT Hub.

The printer has a port for both an ethernet cable and a USB cable. The instructions say that both cables should be connected to a PC, but, as I'm using a LAN, I'm not sure how to set things up and only one of the PCs is willing to print - the one that is connected directly to the printer via USB.

I would try having both cables connected directly between the Hub and the printer, but can't find a cable with the smaller, more square USB connection at both ends.

Does anyone know how it should all be connected?

"I would try having both cables connected directly between the Hub and the printer, but can't find a cable with the smaller, more square USB connection at both ends."

You can buy adapters at most electronic's stores. They usually come in a kit for all kinds of conversions.

HtH
Phil

Ask a Question