new Canon 5420 vs 6320...........

i would like a new printer and am thinking of getting either the 5420 or 6320. i do like the deal i have found on the 5420, but, wonder if it is really worth the xtra $50 for the 6320. the main difference seems to be the ethernet connection and "gray" cartridge . i am not sure the "gray" cartridge would really be a difference maker for me. i am somewhat of a novice when it comes to printers and computing, so, just looking for some advice.

btw, this printer would be for just home use and just one computer (using Windows XP)

Last edited:
I'd probably go with the MG5420 and save the money. Both are CLI-251 based printers with no resetter (so far), small ink capacity, and opaque cartridge shells. Bummer.

If you really know what you are doing, and know what to look for, the Gray cartridge can make a difference with demanding photo printing. I suppose it would be useful with b/w photo printing.

Ask a Question