New Epson 2720 will not initialize

Unpacked the printer, followed step by step instructions with filling ink from the tanks etc.
Came to the point where you turn the printer on, and then hold the question mark button for 5 secs to start the initialization process. Did as it says.
Now it is just stuck on the 1 of 9 steps. Keeps saying it is checking the black ink tank.
Tried to fill a bit more from the black bottle.
Tried turning off and on, unplugging and replugging.
Opened and closed the lid for the tanks.
What am I missing here?

Attachments

• IMG_6064.JPEG
    IMG_6064.JPEG
    125.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6065.JPEG
    IMG_6065.JPEG
    120.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6070.JPEG
    IMG_6070.JPEG
    122.3 KB · Views: 57
SOLVED.
I contacted Epson chat customer service. Obviously, I had't pushed the right button at the right time after holding the question mark button for 5 seconds. They gave me a link to a step by step video, and I realized what I had done wrong.

SOLVED.
I contacted Epson chat customer service. Obviously, I had't pushed the right button at the right time after holding the question mark button for 5 seconds. They gave me a link to a step by step video, and I realized what I had done wrong.
any chance you could forward that video link to (e-mail address removed)? I'm having the same problem

any chance you could forward that video link to (e-mail address removed)? I'm having the same problem

So sorry, I don't seem to be able to find it just now. Will try a search later and if I find it, I will post it here.
Not at all happy with this printer's lack of user-friendliness. As a mac-user since 1987, I expect tech things to be more intuitive. The small screen is such a pain to deal with.

Ask a Question