New Epson P800 user

My R1900 broke down and I inherited an P800 at the same time. It has been awhile since I have had to start over in created, managing color workflow and because of the severe cost of inks on the P800, I am hoping to minimize the heartache.
My first print is wretched, but it looks to me like a color management issue perhaps, or ICC? Would love some feedback before I embark on a print journey. I am using a generic photo glossy paper with no custom ICC. Print heads are clean.
Printing from LR Classic with:
Print Res 240
Sharpening Low
Media Glossy
Managed by Printer
P800 Driver has:
Color Matching Epson Color Control
Media Glossy
Color Mode Epson Standard sRGB
Output Superfine 1440 dpi
High Speed
Finest Detail
This is an enlargement of the source file:
41fb58ce42de412faa0d768d0db8ae36

View: original size
This is a photo of the print job of the same area that is showing severe lack of detail in the shadow areas.
1d9744453aea4b0ea1345f83de119983

View: original size
I feel like this is something pretty obvious, please let me know if there is anything else that might help to determine the issue.

Thanks very much

Since you are using LR did you soft proof to rule out any printer/paper mismatches; although without proper ICC profile its still an estimated guess?

It seems the MK head had some blockage and after two cleaning cycles it is clear.

Before two cleaning cycles:

IMG_7809.JPG

The odd thing is that after two cleaning cycles, the LLK and the VM heads started showing clogging? What would account for that?

After two cleaning cycles:

IMG_7812.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7809.JPG
    IMG_7809.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 25

Ask a Question