New member looking for assistance with HP LJ Pro MFP M130nw.

Hello Everyone!

My name is George and I just found and joined the forum. I am a Help Desk Technician with a local not-for-profit and we support some 400 users. We have a mix of site offices and telecommuting users. I have recently run into an issue installing a printer for our home users.

We have been ordering HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw for our home users. I have been having a tremendous amount of trouble when installing these printers remotely. They are being set up as local printers for the users and they usually want them to be connected wirelessly.

Once the users have the printers physically set up, I will remote into their laptops via ZoHo Assist. I will go to the HP website and download a fresh copy of drivers to the local machine. I start the installer and follow the prompts, you know the trained monkey kind of stuff. So, it gets to the point in the installation where it prompts for the type of connection; Wireless, Network, USB. I select wireless and the network discovery starts. It will scan for 2 or 3 minutes and fail to be able detect the printer. I have manually connected the printer to the wireless from the control panel and run the network discovery again. Still no go. I just do not know what I could be doing wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times.

Now this has happened with multiple different M130s on the gamut of machines from HP ProBooks to Lenovo ThinkPads running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and 8.1 64 bit. I have been searching for some good information online. The owner’s manual has very little information and I cannot find much on YouTube other than unboxing and review videos.

It has become very frustrating as we are sending out so many of these printers. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, thoughts or opinions I would love to hear them. Or any tutorial you guys could point me in the direction of? Thank you all very much for your time. I really appreciate it! Hope you have a fantastic day! TGIF!!

Respectfully,

George D.

Ask a Question