No black ink while printing after cleaning printer head

So, my Canon MP280 was all of a sudden having troubles printing the bottom halves of pages, resulting in blurred messes. Seemed to me it was a classic case of a printer head that needed cleaning, so I printed out the nozzle spray. Yep, the black ink spray was very faint. So I cleaned the printer head, and printed out the nozzle spray again. It was a little clearer. I repeated this three times, and each time the nozzle spray improved (although it was still a fair ways away from being good to go. So I decided to give it a "deep clean", and lo and behold when I printed the nozzle spray there was no black ink pattern to be found. I tried printing a number of documents, and regardless no black ink was printed.

Anybody have a clue as to what I've done? I figure it must be a problem with one of the nozzles, but I really don't know much about printers and google searches weren't doing me any good. Any help would be appreciated.

Ask a Question