Odd Page Size

Hello,
I am probably going to have difficulty describing this, but I will do my best.

I work for an organization that needs to print off a lot of slips that are exactly 3.5" wide. I know enough that a rival company has figured out the process that I am trying to complete and know a little about how they figured it out:

They have taken regular 8x11.5 printer paper, turned it on the landscape side and then cut strips that are 3.5" wide. Then, they set the regular page margins to 2.24 on both the left and right sides, and supposedly this is supposed to print the narrow document off perfectly.

However, I have tried to replicate this and I nearly have it, but it is barely "cut off" maybe 1/16-1/8" on the left hand side, thus cutting off the first letters along the entire margin. I need to hold firm on the 3.5" width, and it seems to just barely fit on the right hand margin. Does anyone have any experience with this or how to remedy the issue?

Thanks

Ask a Question