Odd problem with Epson Photo Stylus R200

I know this is an older model but the Epson site offers no help on my problem. I have been working on a special project for a gift for a friend. I had to change the ink because it was nearly out of one color and two were close to that. Since I'm printing photos that are 8x10, I changed all three low cartridges. After the cartridges were installed, both the low ink and the paper jam buttons are flashing and the power button looks like it does when powered off. I've tried everything I know to fix this. I turned it off and unplugged it, left it off for two hours but when I turned it back on again, it did the same thing even though it wasn't connected to my computer. I connected it to the computer but still got the same reaction when I turned the printer off and back on again. There was no print job in the queue when I changed the cartridges. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Connected the printer to the computer and it still does the same thing. I need something I can do on my own. I'm on a low fixed income and can not afford to pay for professional servicing. Does anyone have any ideas of things I can try? I'm running an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Kathi

Click "Restore Factory Defaults" at your printer setup screen. Regards
I tried that too and I get the same problem. Ink low and paper jam lights blink and the power button is off. I also tried this on the Windows 7 computer and it still does the same thing. Thanks,

Kathi

Last edited:

Ask a Question