Off brand replacement cartridges

In an effort to save money I have ordered 2 off brand and/or refurbished 56 & 57 ink cartridges for my HP printer. Neither would work. When I put them in I get a message saying that the cartridge failed. How does HP get away with this?

Try un install ink switch printer off. Re install cartridges individually each time resetting printer. This works sometimes

If the cartridges are off brand then hp has nothing to do with the issue, for the refurbished cartridges chances are they're probably already beyond their expiration date and are either sending message to the printer to indicate that fact. hp stopped manufacturing those ink sets back in 2008, so anything you buy today comes from Malaysia or another country.

Ok. So how do we proceed?
I have a 5255 printer and I recently installed an LD products cartridge. It keeps telling me that this is an older cartridge, I went through the power cycle/unplug/etc, and the error continues. 4Inkjets sent me a replacement and let's see if it works.

Ask a Question