OKI Printer dropping out

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has any insight to an old printer on a network\domain, that keeps stopping printing.

the printer is an OKI Microline 320 elite.

I was advised the printer was not printing, upon attending, i found the ethernet cable jammed under a unit, luckily a 2nd cable was available (not in very good condition). i plugged this in a printer instantly started printing.

a week later, same again, i had suspected the old cable i used may have been damaged, therefore replaced with a new cable. One again, cleared all documents and it started printing once again.

A week later the same thing happened, stopped printing, however this time unplugging ethernet and inserting did nothing. i powered off and back on unplugged everything, did the same again including the mini hub, that the ethernet cable and the parallel port cable is plugged in to, turned everything back on. Nothing seemed to happen, until i began to open up all the sections, it began printing again.

It has stopped again the next day.

My question is, does this sound like the Data cable is damaged? it was also under the unit or could it be the mini hub?

The printer is showing as ready when you go to print, but nothing happens.

any help appreciated.

Gordon

It appears that the issue with the OKI Microline 320 Elite printer may be related to the data cable or the mini hub. Given the recurring problem, it's advisable to systematically troubleshoot: Check Data Cable: Ensure the current data cable is not damaged and properly connected. Try using a known-good cable to eliminate cable issues.

It appears that the issue with the OKI Microline 320 Elite printer may be related to the data cable or the mini hub. Given the recurring problem, it's advisable to systematically troubleshoot: Check Data Cable: Ensure the current data cable is not damaged and properly connected. Try using a known-good cable to eliminate cable issues.
Hi Justin, Many thanks for the response and clarifying my thought process.

My next step is replacement data cable and having looked online, what i am referring to as a mini hub, is an HP JetDirect 170X, which looks relatively easy to install i.e. plug and play.

Hi Justin, Many thanks for the response and clarifying my thought process.

My next step is replacement data cable and having looked online, what i am referring to as a mini hub, is an HP JetDirect 170X, which looks relatively easy to install i.e. plug and play.
Check and ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on the computers that are sending print jobs to the printer. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause communication issues.

Ask a Question