Okidata C7500 spots on label media

Hi,

I have a vivo label system, which uses the okidata C7500 printer. I am using it to print stickered label material.

I recently changed the imagebelt and fuser, ever since I am getting spots on my label media when it comes out of the printer. The spots are very small, but are progressively getting worse and they are in a pattern that is almost exactly 1.75 inches apart then it repeats.

I called vivo support and they told me to buy new cyan and magenta drums, because those are the two colors that are most prominent in the spots. However I read online that a person using a okidata c7500 had the same problem, replaced the drum and still had the same spots on his label media.

I really don't think highly of vivo support, and the fact that I had no problems, then replaced the fuser and started having problems which are using the same drums as before makes me think it's not the drums.

I haven't had any label or paper jams in the printer, and I keep it thouroughly cleaned when I am printing.

Thank you,
-Ben

Sometime a drum /toner combo will spew out spots. I have tried opening the top of the drum and cleaning the Doctor blade. But it could be a bad bunch of toner or too much moisture in the toner. Who knows! Usually teh drums stop doing it after a while So waht I do is but makerady / junk or used paper in the machine and start running it. After 5-10 sheets the dots stop and then I put the real paper it. That being said I have also seen it where it is printing fine and THEN the dots just start out of nowhere. I have changed to a new drum in that case. Mostly because I do not have time to decipher whether the drum has a bad doctor blade or the toner is clumping from moisture . You can dump the toner into a bowl and put it in the oven after preheaiting the oven to just 175 degress. the warmth will dehumidify the toner after 2 hours. you should take it out every half hour and make sure the oven is up to 175 degrees. If in doing that you see toner clusters (the toner should not have clumps in it) then it is just bad toner and you should dump it.

Ask a Question