Printer can't remember more than one job

I just bought this MFC-L2710DW June 30, 2021. I sent a page to print and while the printer gets started, I'm sending another page, and so on and when I do that, it stops. The second print job I sent is in the print queue but won't cancel out unless I restart my computer. The third print job isn't even in the print queue. Does this thing have no memory whatsoever? My printer driver is updated.

Also, I'm retired so I don't use the computer often. I am on my 3rd, you heard me correctly, 3rd toner cartridge AND I get the one with the high yield. It is suppose to print approximately 3000 pages and I don't even get 1,000. I have it printing on the lowest printing quality so it doesn't make sense to me.

I've never had this problem with other brother printer. I usually had to replace my toner every 7 months.

Can anyone help me with these two problems?

Thank you.

Is the printer connected by wifi or a usb? Connecting by usb might help. Also are you using a modern computer with plenty of ram memory? That can help. Sometimes printer spool problems can be solved by turning the printer off and turning it on again.

Regarding your high use of toner, it might be a marketing issue. Manufacturers say it can print 3000 pages at 5% coverage. But if you print pages with more coverage it will print less. You might have to live with it, or buy a more economical printer. Also check you are using the manufacturers toner. Sometimes third party products have less.

Kind regards
Chris

Ask a Question