Printer Installed but Can't Find It When Printing

I have a Sharp MX-M503N for my business network, but I'm not able to print to it. It's installed and the drivers are updated, and it's on my Devices and Printers list, but when i go to print from Chrome, Word, etc. it's not a selectable option... plz hlp.

OK, navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices &Printers
You should see MXM503N Icon with green check
Green check indicates it is default printer
If Icon is visible but no green check, right click icon and select make Default Printer

Do you see MXM503 Icon?
Did you make it default printer?
Do you see any other MX503 icons?
Do you see any Icons marked with green check?

If you see no MXM503 Icons, then you must re-install printer with Epson Install CD.
Follow install instructions carefully. Both Epson printed fold-out and on-screen instructions
Advise

The icon is there (not default), but it doesn't give me the option when i right-click or through properties to mark as default printer. It says that the current drivers are installed. I'm at my wits end.

Right click icon above and select "Remove Device"
Then re-install printer using Sharp Install CD.
Follow Sharp printed instructions & on-screen instructions through install process.

Printer must be un-installed as above, before you do re-install.
Be sure you have the correct printer driver for Windows 10.
If you are unsure of driver, verify through Sharp.
You must also know whether Win 10 32 bit or 64 bit OS.
If you have driver CD, should be automatic.

Alas, they didn't give us an install CD. They had a tech come out to install the day we took over the office. Is there any other way to install?

Last edited:
Okay, so i've finished doing that, and when I go to print a test page it tells me "the local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler."

Ask a Question