Printer message for XP-55 says paper is out, but it isn't

I have fanned the paper, put more in, then less in. I have checked the paper guides and and all is correct. It was printing perfectly well, then this message arrived. I am using paper tray 2, the bottom one, which is correct for A4 paper, but it refers to paper tray 1. How do I tell the printer I am using paper tray 2?

I have fanned the paper, put more in, then less in. I have checked the paper guides and and all is correct. It was printing perfectly well, then this message arrived. I am using paper tray 2, the bottom one, which is correct for A4 paper, but it refers to paper tray 1. How do I tell the printer I am using paper tray 2?

Both printer and I have benefitted from a night's sleep! All is well later this morning; whatever was causing the "Paper tray is empty," message has sorted itself. I have found out how to instruct the printer to change trays (via the dialogue box that comes up when you select "Print." >Properties, >Paper Source selection, >change from Auto to Cassette 1, Cassette 2, or Rear.), but in the end this wasn't the problem.

I am sorry I can't give a more helpful reply to anyone else experiencing the "Paper tray is empty" error message when it wasn't. There was no paper jam nor bad loading.

Ask a Question