Printer problems

I bought an HP Officejet Pro 8500A for its duplexing ability, but it's been a slow, noisy, undependable dog. I'm trying to start a publishing biz and this printer just ain't got what it takes. I'm stuck with it for the moment, however, but I'll be looking to replace it in the future.

Right now, I'm printing out in booklet format, stapled, with a color cover on specialty thick paper and white bonded interior pages. However, I'm working on a book due out in Spring of 2014 and that certainly won't be a booklet! I don't believe I'll be in a position to invest in my own offset printing and bindery operation, but I'd like to come as close as reasonably possible.

So, I really am a rank beginner to all this, so recommendations, options and pricing would be greatly appreciated. :D

So, I've come to the "Printer Forums" for expert advice and no one has any? I want something fast, dependable and ideally quiet.

I post on a Windows 7 forum and received two replies there, one recommending a Samsung laser printer or an Epson which went into the reasons for both and another that just stated "brother models." My last printer was a Brother and it was OK. I know I had a few problems with it, but nothing like the headaches I have with this HP duplexer which is balky, slow and noisy.

Ask a Question