Printer selection

Hi,

I have to write a software to print dog pedigree certificates that will include colorful logos from various sponsors. The client has also asked me to recommend a printer to do this particular project.
The client has bought the paper with the following specs:-180 grams card stock.
-It has embossing (high relief) all around each sheet
-Clients' logo thermally printed on each sheet (Unsure of what thermal printing is)

I have done some research but still have some questions:
1) Is it true that the paper tray must be located on the back of the printer to avoid the printing head getting entangled on the corner of the page and making a mess? Thus, are the printers where the paper tray is located on the lower part of the printer better, so as to avoid entanglement?
2) In the event that a laser printer is used for this project, would the heat during the laser printing process affect the previous "thermally printed" logo on the paper that the client has bought?
3) What should I look for when selecting a reasonable priced printer to do the job? Can anyone suggest printer models that could do this job well and professionally?

Thank you very much

Peace!
cleardot.gif

Ask a Question