Problem with connection between HP laptop 14s FQ0508/amd and Epson printer Expression XP3150

Every time I try scan I get the message "Communication error. Check the connection" which I have done with new cables and all the suggestions and troubleshooting from both Epson and my computer. Both say there is no problem. I can still copy print between computer and printer

I have now installed Windows Scan which works perfectly so how come there is a connection problem when I try use the usual connection direct from computer printer and how can I get it back ?

You might want to try this: Setting the printer to factory default while not connected to the computer. Uninstall software and drivers. Restart your computer. Download and install the latest drivers. Restart your computer and try again making sure your firewall/AV is disabled. It sounds like something wasn't setup correctly. You can also try a firmware update to the printer. But if you're using third-party ink cartridges, do not update the firmware.

Ask a Question