Problems installing Epson software on MacBook Pro

I purchased an Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 printer yesterday. Since Mac's do not have a disk drive, I downloaded the software and drivers from the Epson site (and updated to the newest version). Everything went well until I tried to install the Scanner software. It just kept going around in a loop and never installed. Everything else works the way it should. I called Epson tech support and after taking over my computer they determined the reason was I had adware on my Mac. They offered to sell me Adware remover for $159. I declined. (I can scan from the printer to a flash drive, so that is a work-around.) But it would be so much more convenient if I could scan from my Mac.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Hi Susanne,
I doubt if you have adaware on your computer.
So sorry you are having this problem. Having Mac’s for years and numerous printers, including several Epsons, I can relate to your problems.
Macs are unique due to OS system. They have Unix system in the background and for that reason NOT all Epson options will be available. Use the work around, your computer is superior in many other ways, be happy with your choice, instead of PC headaches & cold restart 1 time each week for optimum Mac performance.

Ask a Question