Problems with a Brothers HL-4040CN laser printer

I am trying to put a HL-4040CN back into service after not printing for awhile.
When I do a Printer Settings printout, The print on the page prints just fine, however, rows of small hair like lines print all the way up the page. These lines are 1/2"-3/4" wide. a very light or faint row appears, then 1/2" space and a medium row appears, then a 1/2" and a darker row of these lines appear. Then 1-2" of space and the pattern repeats again. 4 times up a letter size page. These are very fine, go in all directions and are mostly straight, not curved lines. Also there are 4 sets of black smudges up the left side of the page, on the very edge of the paper.

When a color test print was made the lines appear all the way up the pace, and in all different colors.

I have cleaned the drums, the belt, replaced the used toner box, and generally cleaned everything I could including the corona wire.

If I did not know better I would say little tiny fibers or hairs have been fused to the paper.

Can anyone help me out with this, PLEASE.

Attachments

• Printer test.pdf
    942.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Ask a Question