Problems with hp printer

Hello folks,

I have a problem with my hp psc1310 series printer.

It keeps telling me that it is out of paper when it is not.

I have gone all through the processes described on the hp website, cleaning the rollers etc. etc. but still no joy.

The strange thing is, if I place a document in the scanner and press the 'copy' button, it quite happily picks up the paper and produces a copy but, when asked to print from the pc, it won't do it.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Many thanks

Do a printer reset. The printer must be ON. Then, press 'power' button to turn it off. Then unplug the power cable at the back of the printer then unplug the other end (at the wall socket). Wait for at least 15 sec. Then plug the power supply back to the wall socket then the other end of the printer then press power button to turn ON. If the error persists, you can use a blower to remove dusts in the tray that is also blocking the sensors from detecting the paper. Look also for broken pieces, you might accidentally damaged the paper sensor.

Ask a Question