Problems with ipf8300

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and hope I can get some advice. I have and IPF8300. It is about six years old. Over the years I have replaced print head, carriage board and main board. I am the owner of the machine and have to try to fix it myself with help from people like you. Here is my problem. Back in Oct. of 2017 I replaced both print heads. Machine ran fine. In January of this year it was giving me a 2F49 code. ( Left PH). Since it was less than a year old Canon replaced it. Machine ran fine. A few weeks later it codes with 2F49 again. Then a 2F48, then a 2F51 and ever since then usually a 2F49. I have been able to get it going but no more. I am down now. Once in a while it will code with something different but usually 2F49. I really don't believe it is a PH problem and have been told by other that the Purge Unit could be bad. Of course I don't even know what a Purge Unit is. I would love to hear from you guys so hopefully I can get it going. Otherwise it's trash and I am thinking maybe an Epson P8000. Thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thank you in advance for your help.
David

Ask a Question