Problems with the HP Photosmart 5520 printer

Discussion in 'Printer Repair' started by howard123, Mar 20, 2017.

  1. howard123

    howard123

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,
    I've had this printer for over 3 years now and use it mainly to print out technical papers.
    Recently it has started to obscure some lines in the text of the papers. The lines (B&W) are like ghost lines that are unreadable. The problem occurs seemingly at random throughout the text on different pages but it is repeatable at the same locations when I reprint the paper. It occurs in most other papers as well. Maybe 90% of the text (including color graphs) are ok but the other 10% is not readable.
    I have tried running all the usual diagnostics that HP provides but it doesn't help. The alignment pages look ok.
    Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this problem?
    Thank you very much.
     
    howard123, Mar 20, 2017
    #1
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
Loading...