Professional Print and Layout

Just bought a Canon Pixma Pro 200 as I wanted to get back into black and white printing. My old system was with an Epson 1400 and QTR, so a whole new learning curve with this one.

I'm trying to keep to as much of the “old” system as possible, using Photo Zoom 8 for print size and resolution (600 ppi) and Photoshop CS2 and Picture Window Pro 8 for tones, sharpening etc. As my “new” system is with Pro 200, I'm trying to use PPL. The problem I have is that the converted image (to black and white) won't open in PPL. Is this normal and do I have to do the conversion in PPL or is there another solution ?

If I set print size and ppi in Photo Zoom, I can then open the image in PPL, and do the rest of the adjustments, set to black and white, except final sharpening, which I can do in Photoshop CS or PWP , which latter has a Halo setting. Is the consensus that this maybe the way to go ?

Another question

Does the High setting in PPL correlate to 4800 or 2400 dpi printing resolution, as Epson and others just quote a single figure when setting print (dpi) and what does the Standard resolution in PPL mean in dpi?

If you face any kind of issue with your printer then feel free to contact us

Contact Info​

• EMAIL(e-mail address removed)
  • CONTACTUS +1-877-469-0297
    UK +44-800-054-8150

Ask a Question