Questions about Epson high-end photo printers

I'm thinking of getting and Epson, maybe the 3880, but there are a couple of issues.

1. Previously I had a 1280 and never got much use out of it because right after I bought it I upgraded my computer and the printer management software would no longer work. Epson had no upgrade. I even called in a consultant but he couldn't solve it. I was on Windows XP Pro and still am. So I've been using an HP with their Vivera inks.

2. Ink longevity is important because I print in spurts, so the printer can sit for a while (turned on) without being used. How long does the Epson ink stay good?

3. I mostly print small but would like the option of the occasional large print, bigger than 13x19.

4. Long print life is very important. Need at least 100 years.

Comments? Answers?

Well since you're printing photos they're inkjet printers and the ink will be fine, but the ink in the print heads will dry up if you don't use it for a long time.. perhaps a month but it does vary model to model.

If you want a larger print size you'll need an Artisan Epson printer or something similar, they can be quite expensive.

Ask a Question