Questions about wireless network setup

bjs

When trying to setup the wireless network for the samsung printer, it automatically shows me the correct ssid password after selecting the ssid. It seems really odd to me. Since this is my first time setting up a wireless network for the printer, I would like to know if this is common before proceeding. Thanks.

Perhaps you should take a look at router setup. Broadcast of passphrase or password must be enabled in
router setup. Dont think you want this. Dont forget this is a printer forum.

bjs

Hi,

I sure know this is a printer forum, what I want to know is when you setup your printer to connect to your wireless network, will it automatically populate the wireless network password for you after you select your network ssid? What I think it should ask user for the password so it can authentcate itself.

You must manually enter your router SSID and password when setting up wireless network. Printer should ask you for SSID and then ask for password. Once you have entered both, printer should connect to network. Printer will then remember SSID and Password and will connect to your network automatically each time printer turned on. In other words printer will stay connected to your network once connection is established initially.

Ask a Question