R2880 leaving weird fishbone mark on large prints

Hi - I'm using Canson Baryta paper, fed through the back feeder with a wide platen gap. This has been working fine. I printed an 11x14 black and white print on 13x19 paper. It has a lot of black in it, maybe 50% or more. I'm getting the attached mark on the leading edge of the paper, about 6.5 inches from the left side and starting 6.5 or so inches from the leading edge. It's about 1.5-2 inches long.

Sometimes it shows up on a color print and sometimes not. It looks like a scrape but doesn’t feel like anything.

I have done a head cleaning and alignment and run a thick sheet with windex on it through the printer. I printed a color photo afterwards and didn’t see the mark. Then I printed the black and white again and had the same mark in the same place. It is not in the file.

Also it doesn’t show up on 8.5x11 paper, even though it is the same paper, fed through the same feeder and covering the same part of the printer! That includes the black and white.

Any ideas?

S

Attachments

• Mark 20160504_141757.jpg
    Mark 20160504_141757.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 255

Ask a Question