Resetted my router now my printer wont work...

after i reset my router,
my printer hasnt been working.
im thinking it might be my router config?
someone could help me please;|

thanks a lot.
i have a brother who i could ask but he's hard on me when it comes to these things. and he's in college right now, he'll kill me. id rather learn some other way :(

information:
*i use samsung 2010 mono laser printer
*there are three computers (all print same place)
*i have cable
*i reset my router because i lost the network password

Hi Kevinster11,

If you rested the router, this means it's reset to factory settings. Usually you have a standard login to your router, also many manufacturers have a sticker UNDER the box of the router which tells what the default login is.

If you are connecting the printer through the ethernet adapter, i think you have to activate DHCP so the printer automaticly recieves a IP, this goes for both cable and wireless.

if you're desperate to print something out you could just do it the old fashioned way with wires until you figure out how to fix it

Network Printing

I assume that the printer is connected via Ethernet cable. When you reset the router, the printer probably got a new IP address from the router, and there is no port on the computer for this IP address.

Sometimes reinstalling the printer driver will help. Another option is to check the owners' manual to see how to determine the IP address of the printer. If you can find that, you can go to the printer in Printers or Devices and Printers (Windows 7) from the START menu, right-click the printer, and go to Properties or Printer Properties (Windows 7). Click on the Ports tab and see where the printer is connected. If connected to a TCP/IP port, check the port IP address against what you determined the IP address of the printer to be. If they differ, set up a new TCP/IP port using the printer's IP address, and that should work.

If the printer allows you to set up a static IP address, consider doing it. Most routers start DHCP IP address assignments at 100 through 200. So, if your router has an access address of 192.168.1.1, for example, it is likely that you can select IP addresses of 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.99 for static assignment. If you select an IP address ending in 100 or above, the router might try to assign that address to computers or other devices. I set up all computers in my home workgroup (a total of 4) with static IP addresses. Some routers take time to assign addresses, and a static IP address takes time. If you swap out routers, be sure to change the computer IP addresses back to dynamic (DHCP) until the new router is installed.

Ask a Question