Samsung c 1860 fw printer status unavailable.please check power and cable connection

Hello,

I have a samsung c 1860 fw and it will not print, but gives me a "printer status unavailable.please check power and cable connection".

it will not print with a cable or wireless. It says it does not have power, but the printer is on and "ready to copy"...I followed the trouble shooting guide of unplugging the cable etc., turning it on and off with the power button, and even replaced the power cord and tried a different electrical outlet.. any ideas to fix this /. thank you

If USB -> Is USB cable plugged in? Check both ends. Try different USB cable.
If wireless, is router turned on? Is Printer setup correctly for wireless?
If Ethernet, Is ethernet cable connected properly? Try different cable.

ubs is plugged in...i also, unplugged and plugged in again. from laptop set up wireless (downloaded from samsung/now HP) and ran and connected with WPS from the printer. the status light is green and the wireless blue light flashed 3 or so times and is now on solid blue..It will print with cable now from desktop, but not wireless from a different laptop. I tried powering printer off and back on again ...no luck with wireless

Operating System Windows 7 - 10
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Samsung Icon -> Select "See whats Printing"
Under "Printer" remove check mark "Use Printer Offline" (may already be unchecked)
Advise

Ruffin,

thank you. I unchecked printer offline on laptop , but nothing happened . I then powered off the printer and turned on. Printer started to turn on then went dark. I put the old power cord back on and turned on the printer again and it stayed on then printed wirelessly from laptop. making progress. The samsung diagnostics still says there is a power cord issue which seemed to be the ongoing problem

Ask a Question