Samsung CLP-315W

Good Morning,
I have a Samsung CLP-315W and it has a red light lit all the time. This is frustrating as it prevents the printer from printing( I think). I have recently upgraded to windows 10, and before I did I still had the red light but at least it would print. Samsung suggested a universal driver which I have installed. When I open the front cover and then close, the light flashes green for about 10 seconds then goes red again. I have changed cartridges several times(costing a fortune) and am now at a loss as to what to do next. Anyone got any ideas please. Would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Stewart Harding

Can you please print the configuration page and scan it or check how many % is left on the imaging unit? Fuser unit or transfer unit?

To print the configuration page, press and hold the stop button for 6 seconds until the control panel light blinks quickly

Dear Obtex, I have tried as you have suggested and the printer does not print anything out. I have a blue light and the red light as weii.
The printer does try to start up but when it settles the green light changes to red and that is the end of that.

Cheers

Stewart harding

That makes me think, that the waste container is full with waste toner.
When you take out all toners un the left side theres a container you can take out. You can vacuum it clean, so the little glass window is clean, place it back and it should work.

I removed the used toner container and even though it was not full I emptied what was in there and vacuumed it. W#hen I replaced the container the printer went through the warm up with the green light flashing. The feed rollers made like to drive then it stopped and the green light went solid red.

Cheers

Stewart harding

Dear Obtex, I have tried as you have suggested and the printer does not print anything out. I have a blue light and the red light as weii.
The printer does try to start up but when it settles the green light changes to red and that is the end of that.

Cheers

Stewart harding

Ok, but what happens if you hold the stop button for like 7 seconds? does it blink green?

Do you have the status manager software on your computer? What does it say when you try to print?

I get a screen advising it is prepairing then nothing. That popup screen disappears and the screen stays blank. Does not print. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and tried to print test page and no luck there either.

I get a screen advising it is prepairing then nothing. That popup screen disappears and the screen stays blank. Does not print. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and tried to print test page and no luck there either.

is it connected thru network or usb?
If its thru the network you can try to check the webadmin to see whats wrong

It is connected via USB to aspare computer and then shared so that all computers in the house can have access (when it is working). Is it time to look internally to see if something is wrong?

I cant think realy of nothing else at the moment.
You can try to get out the imaging unit, check if anywhere is no paper stuck. Check the fusing unit in the back if theres everything in tact.

I am with you, I have taken out all that can be taken out easily and checked for paper jams, other foreign objects, shaken the toner and anything else that I could think of. I put in the universal driver so that it would work on windows 10. I am now stumped. What to do, I have toner galore and it is good printer when working. I guess it is up to Samsung now to assist in trying to repair this beast.
Thanks for your help and insights. I still cannot get a page to print while holding the start button down for 6 secs.
Thanks once again.

Cheers

Stewart harding

Ask a Question